Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I am beary Sorry..

Hello all,

Second post for the day. Is it true?? I think I need to pinch myself and check if I am daydreaming. Lol.. Considering my irregular blogging, writing two posts a day is something I need to do a reality check upon..Well, lately I have been in love with digital stamps. I discovered about digis recently and was amazed to see how much possibilities they have in terms of size variation and coloring ( no need to worry about bleeding ink :P). And the credit goes to Erum Tasneem. Her work with digis is a real treat for eyes..
My today's card also uses a bear digi from Beccy . The expressions of this bear are so beautiful and I thought it will make a great sorry card. And here it is..
My card is somewhat inspired by DT Erum Tasneem's card on Lia Stampz challenge blog. This time challenge is all about Animals.
First of all, I colored the bear with Faber Castel sketch pens and fussy cut it.  Then to prepare the background I smooshed evergreen bough, salty ocean and peacock feathers distress inks on my craft mat and sprayed some water and kept a water color paper on it. Dried it with heat gun and again put on puddle of inks. Repeated it till I got the desired result. Next step was to make the frame. I put two MFT inside out rectangular dies on white card stock and ran it through my Bigshot. I sponged this frame heavily with evergreen bough distress ink. So now background, frame and bear were ready I went ahead with sentiment. I designed this sentiment ( there was no designing actually.. LOL) in Microsoft Word and printed it. I then cut it with a speech bubble die. Just to add some interest I also die cut some more bubbles from scrap papers. 
To assemble the card I first adhered the smooshed background to the card base and glued the bear, and speech bubbles on it. I spread some beads and sequins over it. Further I put an acetate behind the frame and foam mounted it on card. And hence beautiful shaker card was ready.

I hope I did justice to this beautiful digi.

I am linking this card to Lia stampz challege # 93 Animal

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Parul



No comments:

Post a Comment